Join the first 100 world-class professional members of our editorial board commissioned to provide a database that will advance the existing curiosity and short-term advancement of research-based interventions for long term sustainable development. This is part of the corporate responsibility of this board, to the stakeholders in the era of emergence and resurgence of novel deadly pandemics, including providing safe and efficacious medications to prevent, cure and/or control health challenges that threaten the existence of Humans, Animals, and Plants on the planet earth (One health). Your consent to join this board will be a big boost to our noble ambition of sustainable development for between society for us today and for our children tomorrow, as well as our acceleration to the top, through the pack of the big old names in publishing
Sarkar M. A. Kawsar, B.Sc, M.Sc. M.Phil, PhD, is a Prof at Dept of Chem, FOS, Uni of Chittagong, Bangladesh. Interested in Synthetic Org Chem, applic in Biol & Med. & a Comp Chem for drug design. Ph.D. & Postdoc at the Yokoh city Uni, Japan.. Monbukagakusho Jap Gov PhD Schola & JSPS Postdoc Fellowship.
Nigel Aminake Makoah B. Sc, MSc, PhD is a Protein Biochemist & Drug Disc Expert, at the Div of Virology, FHS. Uni of the Free St, Bloemfontein, SA. He received the Georg Forster Postdoc from the Alex von Humboldt found. He moved to the RWTH Aachen Uni and the Fraunhofer IME for an antimal screening platform,
Josiah Eseoghene Ifie, [BSc, M.Sc, Ph.D. Candidate] is a Lecturer, and researchers at the Department of Biochemistry, KIU, Uganda, Josiah is a core Biochemist trained at the University of Benin Nigeria. Interested in Plants’ tolerant Biochemical mechanisms for improved crop cultivation and their medical implications on the human system brings much-needed skill in translational research diversity to this Board
Charles Drago Kato BVM, MSc, MSc, Ph.D. is an S/L in Clinical Immun and Mol Genetics @ MUK Uganda. His Ph.D. from MUK was supported by CARTA/Afrique One Consortium. He holds an M. Sc in Struct/Mol Biol [Univ- Lon] & BVM/M.Sc. in Mol Biol & Biotech from [MUK]. Interested in, dis co-infections host-para interaction in infect & zoonotic dis and skilled in translation biomarker sc for infect, zoonotic and non-com dis, eg cancer
Nwozo Sarah Onyenibe, (BSc-Chem), (MSc-Bioinorganic Chem), Ph.D.-Biophysical Chem), is an Assoc Prof in Nutritional /industrial Biochemistry FBMS, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Nigeria. Research Interest is on: plant proteins, seed oils, and prospecting for novel foods for metabolic and non-communicable diseases. I have over seventy journal articles and Elsevier published two Book chapters
Editorial board duties and membership
The editorial committee of special journal publications is made of the editorial office and editorial board. Editorial officers work in the editorial office to process manuscripts for review either by the editorial board members, or external reviewers. They also receive the reviewed and approved manuscripts and process them for publication. The editorial board is headed by the editor in chief, and their duties are to receive a review and approve manuscripts before it is sent for publication.
Editor in chief works with the editorial team, external professional reviewers, authors, and editorial officers to process a manuscript before it is finally published. In special journal publications, the editor in chief is the highest decision making position vis-à-vis manuscript management and day to day running of the journal. However, administratively, the editor in chief is answerable to the strategic and technical advisory committee (STAC) of each journal. Therefore the duties of the editorial team may include but not limited to the following
The editors of Special Journal of Open Research are responsible for:
- the fast and transparent peer review process
- Providing the final judgment on the articles
- The editor should remember the policy of fast and effective peer review and further process,
- responsible for any query regarding reconsideration of
- selecting potential reviewers
- responsibility to contact selected reviewers
- convey the expectations of the journal to the reviewers
- The editor should keep in mind the time required for reviewing articles
- If any special issue proposal is submitted to
- Allow for the timely topics and suggest potential guest Editors
- Editors should ensure the smooth functioning of the whole process in
- Editors should provide time to time input regarding the targeted readers’ Editors should comply with the guidelines and protocols provided by the publishing house.
- Providing guidelines to authors for preparing and submitting manuscripts
- Providing a clear statement of the Journal’s policies on authorship criteria
- Treating all authors with fairness, courtesy, objectivity, honesty, and transparency
- Establishing and defining policies on conflicts of interest
- Protecting the confidentiality of every author’s work
- Establishing a system for effective and rapid peer review
- Making editorial decisions with reasonable speed
- Being vigilant in avoiding delaying a manuscript
- Establishing guidelines for authors
- Establishing a procedure for reconsidering editorial decisions
- reviewing policies for handling ethical
- Ensure timely publication of accepted manuscripts
- State all sources of funding for research
- approved by the relevant institutional review boards or ethics committees
- Cultured cell lines were authenticated.
- Those regulations concerning the use of animals in research,
- List contributors who meet the journal’s criteria for authorship
- Reveal any potential conflicts.
- Share data or materials needed by other scientists to replicate the experiment.
- Cite and reference other relevant published work on which the submitted work is based.
- Obtain permission from the copyright owner to use/reproduce copyrighted content
- Provide written permission from any potentially identifiable individuals referred to
- Provide registration information for clinical trials
- Provide the CONSORT statement, for randomized trials.
- Provide the STARD flow diagram and checklist for diagnostic tests.
- Provide MOOSE guidelines for meta-analyses/observational studies.
- Provide STROBE checklists for cross-sectional observational studies.
- Provide QUOROM guidelines for reporting meta-analyses and systematic reviews
- Provide MIAME standards for microarray experiments.
- Provide discipline-specific standards for data sharing/archiving.
Editorial responsibilities toward Reviewers
- Assign papers for review to experts
- Establishing a process for reviewers to ensure the manuscript is a confidential
- Reviewers not allowed to use the manuscript content before it is published
- Providing them clear instructions on the scope, content, quality, and timeliness
- Requesting that reviewers identify any potential conflicts of interest
- Allowing reviewers appropriate time to complete their reviews
- Requesting frequency that does not overtax any one reviewer
- Finding ways to recognize the contributions of reviewers,